First day of summer 2010... in the books


Today was the longest day of the year right? It felt equally long as the past several days, since they all start around 4 a.m. for me. That's about the time when Mia decides she wants to be wide awake and ready to play. It's hard to keep my head up as I don't sleep much at night due to Light Sleeper Syndrome and the girls' Newborn Twins CryALot Syndrome.

Brayden and I have been trying to take advantage of having a morning time sitter (for the twins) to go to the pool or the park. We had his playgroup friends at the pool today and it's fun to watch them all splash and have fun and (fight) about sharing pool toys and such.

Normally the bedtime ritual involves at least one or two episodes of Caillou (see pic) however, tonight he watched Toy Story 2 for the umpteenth time (thank God for DVR), then we read a book in his bed together. I spent extra time with him tonight since lately I feel like he's growing up so fast and I'm realizing that soon I won't be 'allowed' to lay in bed with him and hold his hand. I told him tonight, "I remember when you were just a baby in my tummy," and he said, "I hope I didn't cry a lot in there."

He says so many funny, innocent things that I wish I had a recorder on him all the time. Some days he's unbearable, but most other days he's unbearably loveable;-)

I left his room tonight and he said, "you're a pretty momma... love you big momma."

My heart melts... no boy I could love more than this one! 

Comments

Popular Posts