Kentucky Mom to Twins and More

Monday, November 9, 2015

New school year... and back to work!

I know I haven't been jotting things down here as much as I'd like, but I need to since the kids are getting bigger and time keeps slipping away!
For those who didn't know, I'm working part time at the girls' preschool helping with office work and public relations. After staying home so many years with the kids, I didn't know how it was going to work out (that whole getting out of my jammies/ not wearing yoga pants thing).. but I really do love it. It's great feeling I'm contributing and helping the montessori teachers with something I am quite familiar with!
First day of school, 2015
I love seeing the girls there too, sitting in circle time reading books, or doing works on their own and practicing their numbers to 100 or creating artwork. They are getting so smart and independent! I'm amazed that even Payton, who is only 3, is pouring jars one to the other, painting and creating and then cleaning up after herself during the day.
Some things I've learned thus far since working at the school:
1. Your kid will eat the treats in his lunchbox and probably throw the rest away.
2. There is a LOT of coughing and sneezing on each other up in here.
3. My daughter is apparently going to marry her classmate Jude (if she doesn't marry Justin Bieber).
4. That I'm "pretty funny" according to a little girl here after hearing me sing "Call Me Maybe."

I took this picture the day school started for the girls- first day of kindergarten for the twins and first day of preschool for Payton. I cherish this pic, but daddy only sees trouble in the future!

What do you mean I look like Justin Bieber?
Brayden started third grade - my favorite grade when I was in school. He is getting so tall and grown up that it makes me scared. He's going to be taller than me by 6th grade no doubt. This past Halloween I thought it would be funny to dress him like his doppelganger, Justin Bieber, just for a second. I know, it's ridiculous, but the boy seriously looks like the Biebs (but much sweeter of course). He could probably make money doing this, lol. He told me he was going to get in trouble for the "ink" I was putting on his arms because he's not allowed to have tattoos at school. I hope he remembers this when he's 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment